Jun 1, 2011

Book Review: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder


Book Summary Via Goodreads

Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.


Book Title: Inside Out (Insider#1)
Author: Maria V.Snyder
Genre: YA Fiction,Dystopia,Fantasy,Action/Adventure
My Rating:★★★★☆


Book Review

gee! where was I when this book was out? seriously? i've been actually seeing a lot of this book, but i thought this is part of the strange angels book series,cause the book cover of Defiance is pretty much similar to Inside Out's book cover,  since me and YA angels don't get along I ignored this one, hell! i really got to keep on reading book synopsis or make thorough research before I ignored a certain book... oh my! i really regret ignoring this book. sheesh! it's actually been a while since i've read a dystopian novel and i've been actually looking for dystopian books that is as good as Unwind and The Hunger Games trilogy and guys! i think i finally found another dystopian novel that i'll go crazy for!

first page of the book: a booming action scene.. wow! actually the first part of the book took me off guard, i know action will be present in this book but not that early. goodness! that shocked me in a completely good way. and me being an "adrenaline rush seeker" in each book that i read. i was really ecstatic when the first part of the book is an action scene.

another thing is the book really lived up with the dystopian genre. Everything here is so futuristic from the tools,gadgets,names of people and also the terms in here like the "uppers" and the "lowers" . the uppers will somehow be called today as the rich people with all the perks and privileges while the lowers on the other hands are maybe the less fortunate ones, they are basically stuck on cleaning.

the characters are good too, Trella a.k.a Queen of the pipes,  is one kick ass heroine. she is actually being referred as a girl who has no emotion or maybe the kind of girl that is not into sympathizing with her fellow "scrubs", but i like Trella. i like her fierceness and eager determination.

so this will not be actually a one good book if i'm not crushing on some fictional characters... yay! i love Riley.. hihi. my oh my!!! haha. i like him when he talks to sheepy. wow he is so darn cute. haha! *ahem*  i now declare that sheep is my favorite animal . meeehhhhh!!!!!  LOL

so this is an overall nice book, if you are looking for a dystopian novel this one won't definitely disappoint you! i recommend it to dystopian fans out there. :)


---GabbY ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^