Jul 7, 2011

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Synopsis from Goodreads
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.

Book Title: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1)
Author: Kiersten White
Genre:YA Fiction, Paranormal Romance, Action Adventure
My Rating:


Book Title 

the book cover of Paranormalcy gave me an Impression that this book is gonna be Dark and Mysterious and it will introduce me to a kick-ass heroine, but if you ask me, i can describe Paranormalcy in one word PINK!!!! what i am trying to say is that i find the book very childish and very chick-lit-ish (here I am again).

Evie is the kind of character,that hmmm.. I don't know, while reading her POV i sometimes feel annoyed with her actions, sometimes i feel sorry for her cause she is deprived to all the great things that a normal teenager should have, sometimes i think she is flirting too much, so yeah. hmmm. I'm still undecided about Evie.the only character i like is *gasp* Reth!! gosh! i have a thing for bad boys! haha! (you can warm me up anytime Reth darling) haha!!!! XD

the concept of the book is pretty good, the first couple of pages reminded me of the movie hellboy cause of the paranormal headquarters and the mash up of the paranormals in it, and all the gadgets used for tracking the paranormals. but as i read the book i was pretty pissed cause the athour just made the plot revolve around unanswered questions and a lot of hooking up and fire girl, so basically i don't get the essence of the whole book. I don't know what is the MAIN PLOT of the book. (aww. sorry!!! i really, really feel soooooooo bad for not liking this book)



i still think that the  book cover of Book 2 is really nice, hmmm. i have high hopes that this would be better than the first. *Pretty Please*  so i guess i'm still up for the next one. hmmm... cause I think that this book has potential , so we'll see if i will like this one. hopes it will answer all
 the questions that is swirling in my mind













No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^