Nov 6, 2011

Book Review: After Obsession by Carrie Jones



Synopsis from Gooreads

Aimee and Alan have secrets. Both teens have unusual pasts and abilities they prefer to keep hidden. But when they meet each other, in a cold Maine town, they can't stop their secrets from spilling out. Strange things have been happening lately, and they both feel that something-or someone- is haunting them. They're wrong. Despite their unusual history and powers, it's neither Aimee nor Alan who is truly haunted. It's Alan's cousin Courtney who, in a desperate plea to find her missing father, has invited a demon into her life-and into her body. Only together can Aimee and Alan exorcise the ghost. And they have to move quickly, before it devours not just Courtney but everything around her.

Book Title: After Obsession
Author: Carrie Jones
My Rating:

BOOK REVIEW


I decided to read this book cause i have been reading dytopian/utopian books lately and my system just craves for a YA Fantasy novel. The cover art really caught my attention , i mean come on. ain't the cover just so beautiful? really captivating if you ask me

so what to say about the book? I think the book is kinda good the first couple of pages was tolerable, the first part of the book was kinda all over the place the plot was not that concrete and so does the characters. We are intoduce to a two main character in the book (Aimee and Alan) their characters for me is kinda poorly constructed (Sorry sorry sorry) It's just that there so no definite kind of trait or personality. I really don't know what to make out of Aimee's character sure she is not a "Damsel in Distress" (Stated by her) sure she is smart but  her mind just works differently ahmm. in the first part of the book she said that Blake and her are like a couple meant for each other but she broke up with him cause he made fun of the new guy. (aint that shallow or what?) Alan reminds me of Jacob Black the way he is describe, but his thoughts were just filled on how much he fancy Aimee he even said that her Jaw looks sexy while chewing *Rolls Eyes* PUH-LEASE! i think it is safe to say that this book is filled with raging teen hormones.

The romance between  the two teens are kinda fast for my taste. Aimee just broke up with her boyfriend and damn she is hanging out with ALAN? LOL. Her boyfriend is missing and ooohhh! she just kissed ALAN? haha! DAMN GIRL ain't you feisty or what?

the plot is not that great also, well it has it's moments due to the concept of possession it was kinda scary to be honest. I give credit on how the book stated "the possession", the plot is good but as you read on it kinda gets bad I really don't know what to make out of the possession mystery surrounding their town. MEH :/

Overall: i did not enjoy reading this one. This is actually a stand alone book. so yeah i won't even read the next one even if this is a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^