Apr 28, 2012

Book Review: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting


In the end, all that's left is an echo... Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye....
Book Title: The Last Echo ( The Body Finder #3)
Author: Kimberly Derting
My Rating: 3/5 stars

 BOOK REVIEW

 hmmm.. I wonder what happened to my favorite book series. I have really High expectations from this one cause I have loved the first 2, from the series. this one focuses on Violet being part of a team of psychics which are all willing to help to solve crimes and murders. My first thought is like: "Yes! this is gonna be exciting cause the book won't just be about vi and Jay.

But I get to see different characters and different supernatural powers" At first I thought the whole book was cool, cause I can see that the story is kinda exploring some other things rather than the romance only. But as I read on I think the whole book kinda gets repetitive, it always has the same plot like Violet and Jay having troubles in their relationship, and also the mystery and murder is pretty much the same as always, some psychos are hunting down girls, and Violet always get to be the victim and maybe because I gave this one a low rating is because I've just recently finished reading Perception (Clarity #2) and this two books has like a very huge resemblance with each other.

 I am torn actually that I gave this one a low rating considering that I love this book series so much. But nevertheless it is kinda enjoyable, and I don't know if this is the last of the series. but If I get to pick between Rafe and Jay. I'll certainly pick Jay.


1 comment:

  1. I love the Body Finder series. It's an imaginative series about a teenage girl who senses an "imprint" of dead people, a talent that enables her to find dead bodies and know if someone is a killer as the imprint of the victim remains on the killer. If Violet can match the body's imprint to the imprint on a suspect, she identifies the killer. As she is still a teenage, she is trying to figure out how to use her talent to help. In The Last Echo there is a serial killer operating in Seattle and Violet has helped find the victim and id the killer.

    This book seemed more adult than the last two. Not because of sexually explicitness but because the serial killer is so creepy and our view into his mind is more fleshed out. It's appropriately disturbing and creepy and not typical material in YA books. As a serial killer book whose prime audience is young adults, this book is darker than most YA, though if you are comparing it to regular, aimed-at-adults serial killer books this book is mild. The serial killer's psyche and his modus operandi are pretty typical and there is no graphically violent scene of blood spraying or the like. I kept expecting there to be a sex crime and thankfully there wasn't, but the reader will be sufficiently freaked out. I think I felt the book was more disturbing mostly because I didn't expect quite a realistic serial killer in a YA book.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^