Jul 4, 2011

Book Review: The Girl who was On Fire



Synopsis from goodreads

Katniss Everdeen’s adventures may have come to an end, but her story continues to blaze in the hearts of millions worldwide.
In The Girl Who Was on Fire, thirteen YA authors take you back to Panem with moving, dark, and funny pieces on Katniss, the Games, Gale and Peeta, reality TV, survival, and more. From the trilogy's darker themes of violence and social control to fashion and weaponry, the collection's exploration of the Hunger Games reveals exactly how rich, and how perilous, protagonist Katniss’ world really is.


Book Title: The Girl who was On fire
My Rating:


Book Review

i never thought that I will give this book a 2 star rating, i super LOVE the Hunger games trilogy! and i thought i will find myself liking this short anthology of the series. oh man! I feel so bad for giving this book 2 stars, but i was just so bored when i was reading this.

this book is actually about a compiled essay about the hunger games craze, so basically the book just revolves around the 3 main characters (Katniss,Gale,Peeta) and also about Panem and the book's supporting characters (Rue,Finnick, Prim) Etc. i just feel like the whole book is pretty repetitive like it all evolves in a same topic, and i just find the whole thing to be boring i was expecting that there will be short stories involve, cause I've been reading a bunch of book Novella's and i enjoyed reading them all, so i was expecting the girl who was on fire to be like the Keys to the repository of the Blue Bloods series, i expected this book to contain bios about the characters, and the story behind the plot. *sighs*

I still love the hunger games, but reading the book's anthology really didn't work for me, i guess I am not a big athology fan... I REPEAT! I STILL LOVE THG. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Hunger Games but I think this book could have been done better! Not a mind-blowing conclusion to such a wonderful series, but in fairness, it wasn't completely horrible either (:

    ReplyDelete

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^