Oct 17, 2011

Book Review: Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Synopsis Via Goodreads
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
Book Title: Half Blood (Covenant,#1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
My Rating:

I think I am one of the very few people who gave this book a low rating, I am not saying that i gave it a low rating cause the story was bad. the thing is the story is actually good, the only thing that bothers me that this book is exactly the same replica of the book The Vampire Academy.
I pick this book up cause i have read the prequel of the book (Daimon) and i just happened to like the first one, so I was expecting something Original from this book and as all of you have known i am a HUGE fan of anything greek Mythology and I thought this book will just complied with my cravings for my longing for a good myth related YA book (since Percy Jackson i like my Favorite Myth related book).

so yeah, it turns out that this book disappointed me cause i was just so darn expecting this book to be original but it turns out nothing about this book is Original every single page is the exact same storyline of VA. the only missing character in this book is Lissa. a few reviewers said that if you like Vampire Academy you would like this book also but i just can bring myself to love this book cause maybe I am not that crazy about Vampire Academy, and maybe I just find Alex's character so darn annoying, Alex is actually the Rosa Hathaway in this story . but I guess the author made her too much Rose, she is such a BITCH! my,my even Bithchier than Rose, trust me.

If you like VA maybe you will love this one also. But this one just didn't work for me. I don't know if I'll read the next one. :|

1 comment:

  1. He's powerful and he's about to make life miserable for Alex. I really enjoyed his laid back character. He's cocky, yet he cares about what happens to Alex. I know I can't wait to see where this goes. The whole prophecy/oracle aspect of what will happen with Alex and her future did provide a bit of mystery as to what would happen next. So, I'm glad that where some differences in HALF-BLOOD's world that kept me entertained throughout.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^