Nov 29, 2011

Book Review: Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz


Synopsis from Goodreads

What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?

Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Connor, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.

But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

Book Title: Spellbound (Spellbound #1)
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
My Rating:


Book Review


I never thought that I would like this book.
My initial thought about the book is that it'll be like Twilight. The same thing that YA novels have these days, the kind of boy meets girl and they are quickly drawn to each other, i was actually expecting all the usual elements that made up a YA novel and the main character just sometimes gets in to my nerves i just sometimes wanna slap her.

what really caught my attention is that this book talks about reincarnation, I really liked the little short story of Lord Archer and Gloriana i have never thought that this story would contain that kind of element. so I was actually liking the book for about a couple of times but as the story goes on it just keeps on highlighting Emma and Brendan's Make out session and oh don't get me wrong I like it that they show intimacy and love and everything but it's kinda too much. they keep on making out every time they see each other. *sheesh*

but nevertheless i did enjoy reading this one, I have no idea how will the next book turn out. Hmmmm . I just wish that the author will provide more stuff about Angelique i really like her character. she's a witch! come on what's not to like about her?? and *coughs* SHE IS BITTER *Coughs* just like me... LOL. LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE NEXT BOOK :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^