Dec 14, 2011

Book Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Synopsis from Goodreads

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

Book Title: Shatter Me (Shatter Me#1)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
My Rating:

Book Review



I was a bit disappointed with this book, cause it seems like i really have high hopes for this particular book, it seems to create a real buzz in the YA Lit world. Many of my friends in goodreads seem to like the book so much they even gave it a 5/5 star rating.

the book is actually like X-Men, we met a character named Juliette who seems to have a lethal touch, everything she touch will die. I would just like to say that Juliette is like the first female main character I encountered wherein I actually consider her a SAINT, she is the nicest person i have ever as in EVER have met! who would take blame to something that you didn't do? Juliette will! I was actually expecting a character so provocative and bad ass in this book, cause it seems like Juliette has been through a lot. you can just tell by reading her thoughts on the beginning of the book, I guess i would've consider her CRAZY. Just by reading through her thoughts, and i kinda feel sorry for her. her ability did really make her kinda demented and downright creepy.

as for the plot of the book, well it seems very cliche and everything. Girl meets Boy and Villain secretly fancies the main heroine. ermmm. the middle part of the book was actually a bit exciting, cause i really have no idea how will the story will go on. I was actually making a mental note to myself that I'll actually will give the book 4 stars, but as the story goes on, everything is just so typical. the ending was a bit simple and flat nothing to keep me on the edge and wanting for the next book to come out. I guess the only redeeming factor of the book is the romance aspect of the book. I like Adam and Juliette's intimacy. very wholesome yet will make you pant. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^