Dec 21, 2011

Book Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


Synopsis from Goodreads

Magic is dangerous--but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

Book Title: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)
Author: Cassandra Clare
My Rating:

Book Review

This is gonna be somehow a very selfish review cause I will compare this book to the Mortal Instruments series, cause this is the prequel of the book right? so somehow when I was reading this I compare everything to the mortal Instruments. so don't read this review if you think I am one Selfish B**** >:)

this book was set in Victorian England wherein Shadowhunters have English accent (sexy Right?) haha! just kidding. we get to meet our heroine Tessa Gray who has an ability to shape shift in any form and not just only that but she get to have an access on the minds of the person she's replicating to. so first thought about this book is that I was expecting it to be really action packed just as I felt when I first read COB. It turns out that it is action packed but it just took a bit wee too long for it to come maybe like the near ending. I feel like the first couple of pages of this book was full of dialogues and blabbering not much seems to be happening as I was reading it. so maybe I've got 2 hot guys to drool for (Will and Jem) I was actually expecting Will to be like Jace like maybe to have some kinda strak of a bad boy attitude but it turns out that Will's Character is a mystery and a bit restrained like I really don't know what to think of him I can't even give a one word description on who Will is. as for Jem, well I really like Jem. GOSH! he is like described as this oriental God with an English accent!! OOOHHHH!! what is so not to like and I really like his back story on what happened to him on China. it's a bit sad. and I can say that Jem's character is honest , caring and very straight forward. hmmm my type of guy. :P

as for the plot, ad I've said I can't make much out of it at first but as I read on everything becomes clearer and more concrete, the whole book starts stirring by maybe on page 350, cause everything was eventually revealed at that point of the book, what I really appreciate about the plot is that it is filled with twists and treachery. Never have I expected that the story would turn out like that. what I guess the downside of this book is the ending and the Romance aspect, I really don't know if I am rooting for the love interest in this book, hmmm... I mean I fangirl like really a lot on Jace and Clary and Simon. But on this book Nada.Zero.Nothing. I am not rooting for tessa X Will nor Tessa X Jem. meh.

Overall: it is a great read, worth the money and reading time. But I have to say that I like the Mortal Instruments more than this one, although this is a great read I would still prefer Jace,Clary,Simon,Izzy,Alec and Magnus. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^