Dec 22, 2011

Book Review: Obsidian by Jeniffer L. Armentrout



Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Book Title: Obsidian (Lux#1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Book Review

I have encountered A lot of YA drool worthy boys, like erm... let's see ahm a Hot Vampire *check* , A hot Werewolf *check* , a Hot Shadowhunter *check*, A hot Slayer *check* , A hot faerie *check*( ok,ok stop with the Fangirling) but I have never ever encountred a hot, drool worthy *coughs* Alien!?

Obsidian is the second novel from Jenifer L. Armentrout the author the Covenant series, I am not actually a huge fan of of the covenant series cause the book is the exact same clone of the Vampire Academy series, just different names for the Characters. so I was a bit skeptical if I should read this one, an oh the aliens being gorgeous is kinda intriguing so I was a bit curious so i decided to give this one a try.

the book wasn't much first just the same ole story of a very average girl who happens to bumped along strange creatures. What really caught my attention is that the main heroine has really something in common with me, like duh, she has a book blog and she likes YA books, so yeah the main heroine serves as my anchor when I was reading the book.

But it turns out that the book was great the plot is original, unlike the author's previous one, and I find myself really sucked in to the book, like every page is really gripping and I was introduced to a lot of foreign stuff about aliens cause it seems like i really have zero knowledge about them. It turns out that not all aliens are green and slimy some of them are HOT! oh YES HOT! I mean Daemon is like... like... gosh i have three words for you SWEET.BABY.JESUS! Crap ohhh Crap! hahahaha!

i really like how the book ended I mean a lot of debut book of the series it always end up that the boy always get the girls affection and they live happily ever after, but Obsidian's ending was different, never have I expected that the ending would be like that. HMMM. so i am most definitely looking forward for the next book cause some psychic part of me is saying that it would be filled with A LOT OF STEAMY AND HOT SCENES ***KYAAA***


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been hearing a lot of good things about this book mostly about Daemon's hotness. Nice review! I can't help but picture how hot Daemon is. :D

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this was a different Paranormal story, very unique. It was fast paced and engaging. It reminded me of Roswell, I loved that series. I definitely recommend reading this book if you are a fan of the paranormal genre. If you're like me and don't like sci-fi or even YA, don't worry, you'll enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^