Apr 10, 2012

Book Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person whom she would really rather not meet. Henry's first wife, Persephone

Book Title: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test#2)
Author: Aimee Carter
My Rating:

Book Review

well this one was a surprise! Well actually I did like the first book , i mean the first one was good even though that the mythology in it was a bit different, and the first one actually has a nice ending and therefore i have no idea how the second book is gonna be.

actually I was surprise on how this book is written and presented. I guess I was ranting about the mythology in here cause the story of the gods and goddesses in this book is not like what I have known for what it is. but I guess that's the element in the book that made it somehow exciting, I would have never thought that Hera has her eyes on Hades. Like HEllo??? goddess of fertility and family would dare to cheat her husband? not like the Hera I know of, but in a way it gave the whole book an edge and somehow contained a lot of differences and made me have a wider perception about mythology. In a way I liked that Aimee Carter did a mix and match of the mythology in it.

so let's proceed to Henry and Kate, well I can say that I did feel sorry for both of them. you can't actually blame either of them to what they are feeling. I mean I can't blame Henry for trying to move on for being so in love with Persephone and you can't also blame Kate for wanting to feel Loved by Henry. GOSH! the last time I have this Emotional turmoil was the time I read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. But I am glad their relationship turned out well at the end. but the relationship thingy in the book was the reason I gave the Book 4 stars, cause it contains a lot of complications and well i am not a fan of emtional turmoil and both of them have issues that can't be easily solved.

the ending was something I was so hyped about! the first book has a dull and boring ending but in the second book! Wow oh wow! very nice, Aimee carter! You do know how to make a reader want for more. KYAAA!! my Radar is on for the goddess inheretance. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^