Apr 2, 2012

Book Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins


Book Title: SpellBound (Hex Hall #3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
My Rating; 3/5 stars

Book Review

wew! my first book review after a very very long time. tehee..

I really love Hex Hall y'all know that right? i mean it's really rare for me to like a heroine in the book, and Sophie is just the ideal main heroine for me and the two past books (Hex Hall and Demonglass) really pleased me. I promise you the two books were both light and humorous yet it is gripping.

but as for this 3rd book, i was actually looking forward for it. cause for those of you that have read the second book, the ending didn't actually make me satisfied cause as for me it is like the mother of all cliff hangers, i was formulating theories of my own on what would this book be like, and I was waiting, waiting. and time seem to run so fast in my life cause my busy activities at school and VIOLA! the book was out! and i was really really happy that i get to read this one. but that happiness was cut short cause the book didn't lived up to my expectations on this book, cause i think the whole book has gotten... hmmm. DARK? well Hex Hall series is known for its light and humorous content and I was just left unsatisfied in this series. of course the Ms.Mercer's snarkiness is still there but other than that the humor was just left with sophie's remarks.

i guess I was just sad that someone has to die, and that someone happens to be the most kind hearted person in the book, it was just sad. I was left with the idea that Cal has to die so that there won't be a love triangle in the book, and so that sophie won't get to choose.

but anyways i still love the series this third book just didn't do much for me to like it. if there is going to be a 4th book I'll sure read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^