Apr 19, 2012

Book Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand


For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

Book Title: Hallowed (Unearthly #2,)

Author: Cynthia Hand

My Rating:

BOOK REVIEW


I am not the biggest fan of the first book,Unerathly. just gave the first book a 3 star rating, cause I didn't exactly enjoyed it as much as the others, and i was not planning to read this one, besides from the fact that netgalley denied my request to read an advance copy of the book, (yeah, I was so sad that they denied my request) haha! I guess the first book didn't give me enough excitement to read this one. But since I am out of books to read I decided to go for this one.

what to say? what to say?

I say that this one is a big improvement, we all know that Clara has an unknown purpose right? I mean her purpose is not certain on what it is about, well in this book this kinda somehow answered that question, and I was really pleased on how this book was written , I mean I really feel like every sentence and words spoken by the chracters are really hmmm.. Magical? woah! i really don't know how to describe the words used in this book but it has somehow gave me this feeling that I am living in world full of magic and wonders.

I like how the secrets were unraveled in this book, OMG! it's like Cynthia Hand just gave me a poundful of chocolate and shove it right in my mouth! oh yes! that's how good this book is, and I guess I appreciate the characters in this book, lots of new and intriguing additional characters were introduced here.

as for the romance part. HELL i don't care to which boy Clara will end up with! both guys are really HOT and worth of Clara's heart! KYAAA! and besides i am not after the romance in this book, I am after the angel stuff and unraveling more mysteries on who Clara is and what is her real purpose.


OH my! reading this one is such a remarkable experience. looking forward for the next book and I know It'll be a thousand times better than this one. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Comments! so thank you so much for stopping by... I'll try my best to reply to your comment or please just leave me the link to your blog so i can stop by your blog too. ^^

Lurve these blogs! ^^